Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 11: Homework

            I hate doing homework. As an eighth grader, I’ve grown accustomed to having multiple hours’ worth of assignments nightly. Instead of hanging out with my friends or doing things that I want to do, I am forced to tediously find the value of x and conjugate Spanish verbs. While I do believe that homework is good for the purpose of repetition, I would much rather go over the material in class and then not need to do extra work afterwards. If I don’t understand a concept, it is reasonable to need homework, but if I comprehend the subject matter, I don’t understand why I’d need to waste my evenings with homework. In the time that I’d spend not doing homework, I could be learning new skills and enjoying new hobbies which I can put to use outside of the classroom.  The community would be full of people with new skills to bring to their day to day lives if they weren’t constricted by the work controlling their afternoons.
            Essentially, I am sick of spending my afternoons looking out the window at gorgeous days, but then looking down at the blog that I need to write for English class. Adults don’t have homework! Adults go to their jobs during the day, and then typically come home without overwhelming demands from their jobs. All I can say is that I wish that I could say the same.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that i totally agree. Also, on another partially related note, I searched "the nag list" on google and your blog came up third on the list! Way to raise the bar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALRIIIIIIIGHT! finally getting the appreciation I deserve...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete