Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day #5: That Guy Who Takes Forever To Order Food When I'm Behind Him In A Line



            “Welcome to McDonald’s, what can I get you?” says the visibly bored, underpaid woman behind the counter. “Umm,” begins the large, middle-aged, balding man who smells of old fish. He slowly looks over the menu, reading the possibilities aloud. “I could have a cheeseburger…But a hotdog would be really tasty right now, then again, I’m in the mood for some chicken…” For minutes, he contemplates, leaving agitated customers waiting behind him, wondering if they should’ve eaten elsewhere. “Aww, what the hell, I’ll have the cheeseburger,” he finally says. By this point, half a dozen people cheer and get on with their lives.
            Don’t you hate people who take forever in lines? I find waiting stressful enough anyway, and people who want to waste my time really get on my nerves. Wherever I go, whether it’s the movies, a restaurant, or the local grocery store, it always seems like some form of the person that I described earlier is in front of me, taking their time. These people are really inconsiderate, and they act as if the rest of the line has nowhere else to be, and as if they’re more important than all of the poor souls stuck behind them. If I ruled the world, I would force these abominations to wait in a single line for all eternity, so as to make them learn the error of their ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment